Unit Manager – Pastry
Reporting: Site Manager
This is an exceptional leadership opportunity for an experienced manufacturing expert to take ownership and accountability for the ongoing success of a significant production unit at our Altona bakery site.
Key accountabilities include:
- Achievement of budgeted results for labour and material usage.
- Oversee the production Frontline Leaders and facilitate, educate, coach, and guide them to ensure that they have the skills and necessary resources to deliver results and achieve their objectives
- Implement and improve Continuous Improvement (CI) processes across the Altona facility to identify and prioritise process improvements from supply through to finished goods, with the primary focus on the elimination of non-value-added activities and the continual improvement of operational efficiency
- Oversee the Pastry production lines to effectively manage and address production schedule and quality requirements
- Monitor key inputs, usage and KPI’s and utilise financial data towards process innovation and development
- Ensure an effective maintenance plan is implemented and carried out to reduce downtime and ensure optimisation
- Promote a safety culture across the business to maintain an injury free working environment
- Participate in and promote a culture that adheres to the highest quality, GMP and food safety standards.
We are seeking a true professional who is assertive, confident, highly organised, and able to deliver on a manufacturing vision for the site.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Operations, Manufacturing, Engineering or related field
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior manufacturing management role
- Experience working in a complex food manufacturing environment
- Experienced ERP user (M3 or SAP preferred)
- Polished and professional communicator, both written and verbal
To apply, please forward your application to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.