Reporting to the Production Manager, this role is responsible for the supervision of milling production and the implementation and maintenance of effective and cost-efficient manufacturing techniques, whilst achieving the highest quality production. In addition, this role will assist and support the Quality and Health
and Safety systems.
Key accountabilities include:
- Coordinating production and mill activities
- Providing hands-on leadership and motivation to Milling Operatives
- Developing and maintaining safety systems and actively promoting safe work practices in accordance with Company policy and legislation
- Optimizing production through-put and yield to achieve the most efficient mill tonnage consistent with standards and specifications
- Maintaining high standards of plant hygiene and products manufactured by continuous quality and operation checks
- Maintaining the plant and equipment to statutory requirements and within approved budgetsThe successful candidate will possess:
- Must have experience as a Production or Manufacturing Supervisor within the milling or food manufacturing industry
- Flour Milling Certificate (e.g. City & Guilds or NABIM) would be highly regarded
- Strong, proven leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of HS&E, HACCP, ISO & GMP requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite and SAP
- Exposure to financial or budget management within a production environment
For general enquiries, please contact Peter Richardson, HR Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org), or phone 0409 812 785.
To apply, please forward your application to Human Resources at email@example.com.
The terms and conditions of employment of this position are covered by the Kensington Enterprise Agreement.