Allied Pinnacle is Australasia’s largest end-to-end bakery manufacturer and supplier in wet and dry baking ingredients, flour, premixes and prepared bakery products. Supplying major supermarkets, industrial bakers and independent bakeries across Australia.
An opportunity exists for a Quality Test Baker to join the team at our Altona site.
This permanent full-time position will perform daily routine testing on pastries and baked products against standard procedures as well as test baking and recording the data.
Key accountabilities include:
- Manage and coordinate daily test baking of all goods produced on pastry lines. This will include morning and afternoon shifts and a night shift if required
- Train the test bakers as required
- Develop a sensory evaluation team to utilise their skills when defects identified
- Hold taste panel evaluation with operations staff daily
- Hold of any pastry stock as required
- Resolve any QA hold stock for pastry, with more baking and inspection within 72 hours.
- Ensure documentation control and data entry of test results
- Review daily paperwork for HACCP and quality approval
- Recommend and implement changes to processes
- Review, document and update recording sheets and attribute requirements where identified.
- Train dough operators and key staff of Pastry, NPD and Quality teams as required
- Investigate and respond to customer complaints, documenting responses and implementing corrective and preventative actions.
- Liaise with key account managers
The successful candidate will possess:
- A trade qualification in Baking/Pastry field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in bread or pastry making
- Strong understanding of safety and GMP
- Solid Microsoft Office and administrative skills
- Confidence to work cooperatively with internal departments and key stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving abilities and the confidence to make decisions when required
- Flexibility to be available for occasional out of hours work
If this is your next role, please apply.
*For general enquiries, please contact Natasha Sakellariou
firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 8369 1228.