Allied Pinnacle is a leading milling, manufacturing and distributor of flour based food products including bakery products, flour premixes and food ingredients supplied to our retail, foodservice and commercial customers. Our heritage encompasses more than 100 years of flour milling and food ingredient expertise.
We have a reputation for excellence in customer service, product supply, technical expertise, quality and we focus on the safety and engagement of our employees. We are committed to building a great future by enhancing individual and team success, encouraging diversity and supporting innovative thinking.
An opportunity currently exists for a Quality Assistant based at our Yatala Site on a Permanent, part time basis (3 days per week). The primary purpose of this role is to perform the day to day activities of the site analytical testing area to meet production and product release requirements. You will also Assist in maintenance of the Quality Management and HACCP system, and preparation and successful outcome of all regulatory, customer, BRC or other third party audits and Allied Pinnacle standards.
Key accountabilities include:
- Perform the monitoring of all site activities though sampling, assessment, testing and analysis to ensure that raw materials, water, intermediate products, finished products, environment, and equipment comply with Allied Pinnacle, BRC, WSE, CFMSR and major customer standards and requirements.
- Perform test bakes of finished products, assess against specification and conduct sensory assessments.
- Participate in the site HACCP team.
- Report process performance deviations and out of specification results wherever they occur in site processes to the site QA Manager as soon as practicable.
- Assist in the investigation of process deviations, out of specification results, non-conforming product, food safety & quality incidents, and complaints and in the compilation of investigation reports and customer and consumer responses.
- Assist in equipment validations, new product trials and process improvements projects.
- Work with other on-site and off-site departments on matters relating to quality and food safety.
The successful applicant will possess:
- HACCP / Food Safety Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year in a Food Manufacturing environment
- Auditing Qualifications (desirable)
- Awareness of Manufacturing Standards (GMP) and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Good communication skills and attention to detail. Autonomous worker when required
- Competency in Microsoft Office Package – Word & Excel
- Able to prioritise & organise own workload and work to time deadlines.
If this role seems like the next step in your career, then we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please follow the prompts.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.