An opportunity currently exists for a Production Supervisor based at our Yatala Site on a permanent full time basis. The primary purpose of this role is manage, coordinate and monitor the production operations of the Yatala site, ensuring that products are manufactured, stored and distributed to the highest commercial quality / efficiency whilst, meeting corporate and statutory requirements.
Key accountabilities include:
- Improve site production efficiencies and ensure a reduction in waste and improve Yield.
- Work towards a reduction in cost of production
- Collaborate with relevant centralised functions for best practice production.
- Manage a highly motivated team accepting ownership for the safety of the team, quality and quantity of its product, working together in a cooperative and supportive manner.
- Drive a culture that improves and maintains safety throughout the shift.
- Ensure compliance with site OHS policies and procedures
- Conduct safety walks, talks, internal audits, training.
- Ensure all aspects of performance and to instigate remedial action to maintain efficiency and least cost practices.
- Collaborate with NPD activities and engage teams to develop new products.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Food Technology or Baking qualifications
- Certificate in Management or project management qualifications are desirable
- 3-5 years previous experience in a Production supervisory role
- Experience and knowledge of Lean manufacturing practices and processes
- Sound computing skills with knowledge of spread sheeting and report writing
- Ability to operate at a high level without supervision
- Strong communications skills