This is an exceptional leadership opportunity for an experienced manufacturing expert to take ownership and accountability for Production Performance at our Tullamarine industrial bakery site.
Reporting directly to the Site Manager, Key accountabilities for our Production Manager role include:
- Achievement of budgeted results for labour and material usage.
- Oversee the production Shift Managers and facilitate, educate, coach, and guide them to ensure that they have the skills and necessary resources to deliver results and achieve their objectives
- Ensure effective communication between QA/NPD/ENG & Shop floor
- Implement and improve Continuous Improvement (CI) processes across the Tullamarine facility to identify and prioritise process improvements from supply through to finished goods, with the primary focus on the elimination of non-value-added activities and the continual improvement of operational efficiency
- Oversee the production lines to effectively manage and address production schedule and quality requirements
- Ensure new production initiatives are communicated and implemented across all shifts
- Monitor key inputs, usage and KPI’s and utilise financial data towards process innovation and development
- Develop technical skill levels of Production Operatives and provide technical training to enhance personnel development
- Ensure an effective maintenance plan is implemented and carried out to reduce downtime and ensure optimization
- Promote a safety culture across the business to maintain an injury free working environment
- Participate in and promote a culture that adheres to the highest quality, GMP and food safety standards
We are seeking a true professional who is assertive, confident, highly organised, and able to deliver on a manufacturing vision for the site.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Operations, Manufacturing, Engineering or related field
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior manufacturing management role
- Must have CI (Lean/TPM/6 Sigma) background
- Experience working in a complex food manufacturing environment
- Expert user of SAP
- Polished and professional communicator, both written and verbal
For general enquiries about this position, you are welcome to contact Peter Richardson, HR Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org), or phone 0409 812 785.