An opportunity currently exists for a Production Manager based at our Kingsgrove Site, on full time, permanent basis. The purpose of this role is for supervising, coordinating production operations and to work in the leading role as Production Manager of the Day shift with additional Scheduling and Bulk Delivery responsibility across the site.
Key accountabilities include:
- Generate the production schedule for the site in conjunction with the National Planner.
- Manage production lines operation to ensure smooth, efficient running and that production schedules are met during the shift.
- Monitor and adjust schedules to respond to market/production requirements and optimize costs.
- Maintain required level for auditing requirements to maintain current certification.
- Maintain safety walks.
- Meet regulatory requirements for WHS in production and staff issues.
- Analyse and understand manufacturing measure output data and develop concepts in conjunction with the team to improve site performance.
- Ensure reports are submitted on time including backflushing.
- Responsible for developing manufacturing skills and capability within their shift and managing succession plans.
- Motivating and coaching the team to achieve targets set in manufacturing.
The successful applicant will possess:
- City and Guilds or related professional qualification
- 5-10 years’ experience in a production environment, food industry preferred
- 5-7 years Leadership and Team Management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with preventative maintenance systems
- SAP or similar ERP experience
- Performance management and development experience.
If this role seems like the next step in your career, then we would love to hear from you.