Allied Pinnacle (formed with the merger of Pinnacle Bakery & Integrated Ingredients and Allied Mills) has a leading position in the Australian prepared bakery and bakery ingredients market, and is a major supplier to supermarkets, food service and bakery retailers. With a century-old heritage, we have a reputation for outstanding product quality, innovation and service through our investment in research and development, manufacturing and network of national distribution centres.
We are currently recruiting for an energetic and passionate Team Leader to lead and co-ordinate a team of bakery operators, to manufacture product as required in production plan, and drive a culture of continuous improvement within the team.
This opportunity is during our day shift:
Monday – Saturday: Shifts will vary between 8 – 12 hour shifts.
Hours Per Week: 38hrs with the opportunity for overtime.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, Tullamarine, your role will span Manufacture of products, Quality Processes, Continuous Improvement, Co-ordination of team activities and Product life cycle management. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and co-ordinate a team of bakery operators in operating equipment and manufacturing product.
- Ensure the team follows specified procedures in respect of formulations, equipment operations, cleaning procedures and line settings.
- Coordinate product change overs and cleanings.
- Monitor the line performance and product quality during shift and initiate timely actions when issues arise.
- Monitor product compliance. Benchmark product against other teams and competitor products.
- Provide ‘on the job’ training and directions
- Monitor food safety hazards and critical control points in accordance with the prescribed policies and procedures.
- Deliver production plan for the line in specification, in full and on time.
- Assist with production planning.
- Operate production equipment in accordance with SOPs.
- Perform operator checks and complete documentation as required.
- Act as line relief to cover operators whilst they are on breaks.
- Comply with all company policies, external authority’s standards and legislation relating to environmental, OH&S, fire, ethical and risk control standards.
We are seeking someone who is assertive, confident, highly organised, and able to work well within a team and autonomously, and who has:
- Baking qualifications
- Food Processing Cert IV
- Strong previous experience in bakery manufacturing
- Proven leadership skills
- Intermediate computer skills – excel, word
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP, and OHS Standards.
If this role appeals don’t delay and submit your application today!