An opportunity exists for a pro-active and passionate Production specialist to lead the night shift operation at our state-of-the-art Tullamarine industrial bakery.
Shift Manager – Night Shift
Reporting: Site Manager
Hours: 6:30 pm to 6:30 am – 7 shifts per fortnight
Key accountabilities include:
- Ensuring set KPIs are met and exceeded through effective team leadership, engagement & compliance
- Educating, coaching and guiding Production Supervisors to ensure they can deliver results and achieve their objectives
- Monitoring and maintaining production to produce quality products as set out in the production schedule
- Ensuring employees are correctly trained in all operational and quality procedures
- Maintaining daily schedules to ensure adequate personnel and resources are available to achieve production KPIs
- Troubleshooting anomalies that may arise within production and have confidence to make decisions critical to the continuity of operations
- Managing and mitigating risk to ensure reduction in waste and shrinkage
- Monitoring and maintaining GMP disciplines and being a visible role model
- Maintaining accurate reporting records with business acumen
- Thorough and detailed shift handover disciplines to ensure the smooth transition of shifts
- Participate in and promote a safety culture, supporting the business to maintain a safe working environment
- Report, conduct and support all hazard, accident and near miss investigations in a timely manner, including recommending preventative actions.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years demonstrated team Leadership or Supervisory experience
- The ability to safely operate plant and equipment and familiarity within a highly automated industrial environment, preferably fast paced food manufacturing or FMCG
- Ideally qualified in food science and technology or perhaps you come from a baking trade background
- A proven ability to problem solve and interpret complex information
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- A team player with the ability to guide and direct your team
- A commitment to safe work practices and confidence to work cooperatively with internal departments
- An ambassador for continuous improvement in all aspects of the manufacturing site
- Strong problem-solving abilities and the confidence to make decisions when required
- Experience using different ERP programs (SAP preferred) is highly desirable but not essential
- Commitment to work 12 hour shifts across a 7-day fortnightly roster
To apply, please forward your application to Human Resources at email@example.com.
For general enquiries, please contact Peter Richardson, HR Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org), or phone 0409 812 785.