An excellent opportunity is now available for a passionate Maintenance Manager to join the leadership team at our Tullamarine (VIC) commercial bakery site.
Reporting to the Site Manager, the key accountabilities of this role include:
- Implement standardised preventative, corrective and condition based maintenance systems for site to ensure agreed level of plant availability including the implementation of a Total Preventative Maintenance system across the whole of the site
- Assist in driving the implementation of capital projects across the site
- Ensure all capital expenditure projects satisfy the maintenance function (spare parts, PM schedules, maintainability and plant safety) and interface with all external contractor requirements
- Maintain effective cost control of maintenance and assist in budget preparation of the site
- Assist and manage the operational implementation of Quality Management systems, Food safety systems and Occupational health and safety systems
- Ensure that all maintenance procedures are followed, consistent with the requirements of all internal and customer related audit standards, including HACCP and GMP
- Ensure all plant and equipment is safe to operate and compliant with Plant Safety Regulations and adherence by maintenance employees to safe work procedures and practices
- Provide leadership and motivation to all maintenance employees in order to ensure all Company objectives, targets and schedules are met
- Prepare regular reports on the status and activities of the maintenance function and maintain sufficient record keeping procedures to allow complete reconciliation of all commercial activities
The successful candidate will possess:
- A degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Trade qualifications (Mechanical or Electrical)
Prior experience in a maintenance supervisory/management role
- At least 5+ years maintenance management experience, ideally within a FMCG environment and preferably Food & Beverage Industry
- Must have exposure to TPM/6 Sigma/Lean methodologies
- Experienced user of MEX Computer Maintenance Management Software (CMMS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficiency in MS word and excel
- Sound knowledge of SAP or equivalent inventory management system
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers
- Must be able to lead maintenance staff and control maintenance activities
- Able to manage small in-house projects and oversee activities of contractors on major project works
- Able to manage on-site service providers and contractors.
For general enquiries about this position, you are welcome to contact Peter Richardson, HR Manager (email@example.com), or phone 0409 812 785.