An opportunity currently exists for a Maintenance Fitter based at our Picton Site on a full time permanent basis. This role will be responsible for the efficient and effective maintenance and repair of all plant and machinery and assisting with scheduled preventative maintenance according to Australian Standards, relevant regulations and manuals for the Picton operations.
Key accountabilities include:
- Operate service, modify and maintain the Picton plant with assistance from contractors as required.
- Ensure all relevant plant is appropriately serviced, maintained, managed and operated as per Australian Standards and relevant maintenance manuals.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of spare parts and communicate to the Maintenance Manager, inventory needs.
- Ensures that all plant and equipment is regularly and thoroughly examined and all potential issues are resolved and assist the Maintenance Manager to develop a scope for repairs/servicing.
- Regularly communicate with key stakeholders and be pro-active to source and address all maintenance issues.
- Provide and maintain records of time and materials utilised, prepare materials lists, complete and return inspection check sheets, comply with maintenance and service schedules, and report schedule deficiencies.
- Comply with all relevant legislative requirements and company policies, procedures and reasonable instructions.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Mechanical Fitter/Machinist trade certificate essential.
- Forklift License (High Risk LF)
- Welding certificates (MMAW and GTAW)
- Elevated Work Platform, Confined Space, Electrical Disconnect/reconnect Licence, hydraulics and pneumatics experience preferable.
- SP PM experience
- Food manufacturing experience preferable.
- Clear communication skills and stakeholder management.
- Experience and knowledge of Lean manufacturing practices and processes.
- Sound computing skills with knowledge of spread sheeting and report writing.
If this role seems like the next step in your career, then we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please follow the prompts.
Only Successful applicants will be contacted